- Job no: 492863
- Work type: Permanent Full-time, Temporary Full-time
- Location: Knox Civic Centre
- Categories: Building Services, Construction Services, Engineering, Project Delivery
Due to a number of exciting and diverse civil, building and community infrastructure projects we are now hiring a Project Manager on a two year Fixed term basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing team and lead the delivery of a significant number of a major projects in the civil, building and community infrastructure space. Some examples of the projects you may be involved in include: Stamford Parklands redevelopment, the Expansion of the Knox Regional Netball Centre, the new multi-purpose facility at Fairpark Reserve and Carrington Park, along with many more. The key focus of this role will be on project delivery such as concept development, detailed design, contract management and construction supervision. This position will work collaboratively across various service providers within the organization to assist in the development, driving and delivery of capital works projects nominated within the Major Initiatives Unit’s program of works. The role will require management of projects to be delivered on time and within budget, and in accordance with Council’s strategies, policies and masterplans.
In order to be successful in this application you will have demonstrated experience as a project manager in the civil, building or community infrastructure space. You will also have:
- Proven experience in managing large scale projects of at least $2M in budget size.
- A track record in developing project briefs and managing architects and specialist consultants on a day to day basis without supervision.
- Experience in supervising contractors for major building and civil works, ensuring projects are delivered within budget, quality and time constraints.
- Sound financial and budgetary skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and experience in the preparation of reports, correspondence and contract documents and contract management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build positive, consultative relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualification in one or more of the following disciplines: Civil Engineering, Architecture or Project Management and/or extensive construction management experience.
- A full and current Victorian Driver’s license.
- Experience in local government is beneficial but not essential.
Knox City Council aspires to be an organization that is values based, empowers leaders, enables people to make a difference and has a culture of learning and high performance. Council believes that the values, attributes and skills that each staff member brings to the organization underpin its culture, and will ultimately result in the achievement of Council’s Vision. We offer a flexible work culture and can consider applicants on a 4 or 5 day per week basis for these roles. We also value internal development and learning. We also offer various health and wellbeing initiatives and an active social club.
Knox City Council Civic Centre is in Wantirna South, however due to COVID-19 restrictions you will be supported in temporarily working from home.
- Annual Salary starting at $85849.73 – $93760.82
- 9.5% Superannuation
Benefits at Knox
- Active virtual social events
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
- Learning and Development opportunities
To view a copy of the position description please visit our Knox City Council Careers Page.
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity, inclusion and child safety.
We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.