Senior Team Leader Operations and Partnerships
Job no: 493491
Work type: Temporary Part-time
Location: Knox Civic Centre
Categories: Children's Services, Management, Management
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Family and Children Services team in a temporary part time 0.9 EFT leadership position. The position is focused on leadership, providing high level guidance, mentoring and support to assist the team to support the delivery of early years services to the Knox community.
The role is available from July 2021 to May 2022 and is classified as Band 6; remuneration will be $87,738.43 - $101,000.00 pro rata depending on relevant experience, plus 10% superannuation.
The position leads and develops a team that works to ensure that Council’s early years facilities meet legislation and service standards while building strong, collaborative working relationships across the department and the organisation.
- Provide support and motivation for staff to participate in work redesign and continuous improvement;
- Coach, support and assist team members with change in the workplace and to promote team commitment;
- Recognise and encourage others’ ideas and efforts to improve, taking appropriate risks, and learning experiences;
- Lead by example and encourage staff to streamline and simplify processes;
- Show a willingness to take on new challenges and support new initiatives.
- Ensure services are responsive to changing needs of the Knox Community;
- Oversee and coordinate the strategic direction and implementation of the annual Capital works program as it affects early years facilities;
- Coordinate the day-to-day aspects of implementing the annual Capital Works Program as it affects Council’s early years facilities, including cyclical maintenance programs, minor & major facility upgrades and new projects;
- Oversee and support the Early Years Integrated Operations team to coordinate the development and implementation of license agreements with committees and user groups in Early Years facilities;
- Collaborate with the Strategy, Learning and Evaluation team to plan and coordinate the strategic direction and service system changes for Council’s F&CS services.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox.
Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
If you would like to discuss the role further please contact Melanie Rantall via email or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9298 8000.
To apply please provide a resume and brief cover letter demonstrating you have what is needed to thrive in this role.
Applications close at 11.45 pm on Sunday 25 July 2021.
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend