- Job no: 493514
- Work type: Permanent Full-time, Temporary Full-time
- Location: Knox Civic Centre
- Categories: HR, OHS, L&D
About the Opportunity
Join our Health and Safety Team as a Senior Safety and Wellbeing Business Partner. We have two roles available, an ongoing full time role or a temporary full time role until 31st January 2022. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and co-ordination of sound Health and Safety practices and procedures to enable a safe and healthy working environment for Council employees and contractors
- Providing comprehensive case management of ill and injured employees, including return to work and Work Cover financials on a needs basis
- Contributing to the design, development and implementation of an integrated health, safety and wellbeing strategy, framework and positive cultural change.
- Minimising the organisation’s exposure to risk, health, safety and wellbeing issues, enable all employees to maintain an appropriate level of health and wellbeing to enable their positive contribution to Knox, and prevent or reduce the frequency and impact of risks, hazards, incidents and injuries on employees, the organisation and to the community.
- Consult with key stakeholders and act immediately in circumstances where there is a significant safety risk which could result in a serious loss, injury or fatality.
You will report to the Principal Safety & Wellbeing and work collaboratively with staff and managers across council. This role is based at our Civic Centre however we can offer a range of flexible work options for the right candidate.
What you will need to thrive
- A record of achievement and excellence in health, safety and wellbeing management, in a diverse, complex and political environment with experience in assisting diverse and complex workplaces implement safe systems of work.
- Highly collaborative, with experience in partnering and working with and through others, coupled with aligned values to the organisation.
- Strong time management, organisational and project management skills with the ability to meet timeframes, budget and resource expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess options and preferred actions and decisions within a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing metrics and management reporting and enhancing OHS systems to drive improved organisational safety culture.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
Remuneration for this role will be Band 7, starting from $98,781.78, plus 10% superannuation.
For further information on this role please contact Hiring Manager, Catherine Dwight, Catherine.Dwight@knox.vic.gov.au
Apply by: 15/08/2021
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity, inclusion and child safety.
We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.