- Job no: 493532
- Work type: Temporary Part-time
- Location: Knox Civic Centre
- Categories: Community Development, Aged & Disability Services
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a positive, highly-capable and energetic person to join our team as the Short Term Support Intake Officer. This role is our team's primary contact point for Knox residents, Council staff and other community agencies. The STS Intake Officer triages and processes incoming referrals, provides information and outgoing referrals, and administration support to the team. This role is part of the Inclusive Communities Team, which links residents with information and support covering a range of issues including homelessness and housing, financial hardship, disability, social connection, mental health, elder abuse, family violence and other situations. The STS Intake Officer reports to the STS Team Leader. The role is 0.8 EFT (4 days a week) until December 2021, applications from new graduates are welcomed.
This role is based at our Eastgate North Office in Wantirna South, with flexibility to adopt a hybrid approach of working both from home and the office.
Remuneration will is classified as Band 5 $71,622 - $83,424 pro rata, (depending on experience) plus 10% superannuation.
What you will need to thrive
- Knowledge of issues impacting on people who are homeless and sound skills in managing and responding to challenging conversations and requests.
- Demonstrated experience in screening and undertaking a basic assessment to understand a community members’ needs
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with community members, including those from diverse backgrounds and those with specific needs resulting from social disadvantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of community based organisations / options to support residents identified needs.
- Fully developed computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Office and experience with client management systems (Carelink + and My Aged Care highly desirable)
- Degree or diploma in community development / welfare, with little or no experience, or;
- Lesser formal qualifications with a minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role, ideally at either a local government or community-based organisation.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
For further information on this role please contact Camille Bowles, STS Team Leader, on 0429 297 866.
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page.
To apply please provide a resume and brief cover letter demonstrating you have what is needed to thrive in this role.
Apply by: 01/08/2021
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity, inclusion and child safety.
We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.