Intergenerational Project Officer
Job no: 494281
Work type: Temporary Part-time
Location: Knox Civic Centre
Categories: Community Development, Aged & Disability Services
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intergenerational Project Officer to join our team. The Intergenerational Project Officer will engage with older adults, carers, vulnerable persons and our younger community to develop projects which respond to local needs and priorities. Key responsibilities will include supporting the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs that are detailed in the Council & Community Plan, Key Lifestages Plan and department Business Plan. Work and partner with stakeholders and conduct data capture, analysis and interpretation for programs.
This is a temporary part time (0.8 FTE) Band 6 classified role (backfilling someone on secondment) with remuneration in the range of $89,229 - $97,452 (depending on experience) plus superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee.
What you will need to thrive
- Experience in engaging and partnering with older adults, vulnerable people, service providers, community organisations and groups.
- Experience working with Governments, both at a federal and state level. Have the ability to plan and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good project management skills, including proven ability in research, analysis and problem solving
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including writing and speaking with impact, accuracy and clarity for various audiences
- Good time management and organisational skills to be able to progress several tasks concurrently within established timeframes
- Demonstration of the Knox City Council Values and Behaviour
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible and hybrid workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
The full position description is attached for your review. For further information on this role please contact Judy Chalkley on 9298 8302
To apply please provide a resume and brief cover letter demonstrating you have what is needed to thrive in this role.
Apply by: 17/08/2022
The successful candidate (in accordance with the Pandemic Orders) will be required to demonstrate evidence that they comply with current mandatory vaccination requirements.
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend