Your new role
The Environmental Health Officer assists in carrying out effective and efficient environmental health duties within the municipality. You will create and maintain an environment that preserves and enhances public health, thereby ensuring a safe and healthy lifestyle for the citizens of the City of Knox.
You will hold:
- a relevant tertiary qualification in Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent qualification as approved by the Australian Institute of Environmental Health.
- A membership of Environmental Health Professionals Australia, or eligibility to obtain.
- Current Victorian drivers license is required this role.
This rewarding position will suit a team player who thrives in a dynamic work environment, and can demonstrate initiative and attention to detail.
This is a full time permanent role based at the Knox Civic Centre, Wantirna South however we can offer a range of flexible work options for the right candidate.
This is a Band 6 classified role, remuneration will be $89,229 - $97,452 (depending on experience) plus superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee + on call allowance + optional monthly roster day off + work vehicle.
You may be required to undertake position duties outside of normal working hours, as required and be part of the on call roster.
What you will need to thrive
The key selection criteria for this role are:
- Investigate and resolve general and detailed regulatory environmental and public health issues while achieving timely, high quality outcomes.
- To take appropriate enforcement actions to deal effectively with environmental and public health issues, taking into account the situation, the significance of the matter and the legislative options.
- Develop & implement procedures that assist with the best practice management of existing public health premises or issues within portfolio work.
- Assisting in the delivery of Council's Immunisation services.
How to apply
Please provide a resume and brief cover letter addressing the ‘what you need to thrive’ section from the position description to outline how your experience and skills relate to the role.
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page.
For further information on this role please contact at Daniel De Propertis, Team Leader Environmental Health at Daniel.DePropertis@knox.vic.gov.au or on 9298 8284.
Apply by: 11.55pm, 05/02/2023
At Knox, making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by empowering our community inside and out to thrive and prosper through living our values. We support hybrid and flexible working and embrace diverse and inclusive environments. We succeed by recruiting for excellence through investing in our people, encouraging their unique talents and supporting them to bring their whole selves to work.
We believe in our people and provide a supportive, driven and inclusive culture we are proud of, that focuses on wellbeing.
Beyond that, we also offer:
- accrued days off for full time employees;
- growth and learning opportunities;
- career development;
- reward and recognition programs; and,
- a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
Council has developed a vaccination policy which states that the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate evidence of compliance with vaccination requirements.
To view the inherent requirements for this position please see attachment below.
Environmental Health Officer - Inherent Requirements Table.DOCX
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer ensuring a Child Safe environment that is committed to providing a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.