Senior Landscape Architect
Job no: 494608
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Knox Civic Centre
Categories: Parks and Gardens
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity within the Open Space and Landscape Design team for a Senior Landscape Architect to join their supportive and collaborative team. You will manage and coordinate the delivery of the strategic open space master plan actions and projects. You will also manage, coordinate and contribute to the preparation of a range of complex open space and urban design projects, strategies and guidelines.
This is a full time permanent role based at our Civic Centre however we can offer a range of flexible work options for the right candidate.
This is a Band 7 classified role; remuneration will be $100,461.07 - $112,669.68 (depending on experience) plus superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee.
What you will need to thrive
In order to be thrive in this position you will have:
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and graphical communication skills.
- Advanced experience in the preparation of strategic plans, policies and guidelines in relation to the development of public space.
- Experience in developing community consultation programs and the implementation.
- Keeping abreast with statutory requirements and responsibilities as applicable to Landscape Architecture.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance to team members, monitor the design program and collaborate effectively.
- Advanced skills in time management, setting priorities and budgets, planning and organising work to meet objectives, deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and facilitate outcomes.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible and hybrid workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
For further information on this role please contact Sierra Slater on 03 9298 8810.
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page
To apply please provide a resume and brief cover letter demonstrating you have what is needed to thrive in this role.
Apply by: 5 February 2023
The successful candidate (in accordance with the Pandemic Orders) will be required to demonstrate evidence that they comply with current mandatory vaccination requirements.
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend