Your new role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Maternal and Child Health nurse to provide holistic health care through family centred practice, to all families with children 0 - 6 years of age, promoting optimal health and well-being in the community within the Maternal and Child Health Service Guidelines.
The MCH Service teams comprise: Universal MCH, Enhanced MCH, Sleep & Settling programs; supported by skilled administrative staff.
The MCH nursing teams work collaboratively with others across the broader Family & Children’s Services teams, and across Council to help to identify children and families who require further assessment, intervention, referral and/or support and bring families together, foster social networks, support playgroups and strengthen local community connections
Opportunities to rotate through specialist programs: Sleep and settling; Special care nursery liaison, Lactation support and Enhanced are available.
A Graduate mentoring program is established providing additional one on one and small group reflective practice support to new graduate MCH Nurses, recent graduates in child and family health are welcome to apply.
There are currently full time and permanent part time opportunities available.
This role attracts an annual salary of $106,291.29 to $109,139.09 (pro rata for part time), plus qualifications allowance, and superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee.
What you will need to thrive
The key selection criteria for this role are:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of MCH program standards, Key Ages and Stages framework and MCH guidelines and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of Child and Family Violence Information Sharing Schemes and risk assessment frameworks
- Adaptability to work with families from a broad spectrum of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and an understanding of family dynamics and societal complexities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a positive, customer and team focused attitude
- An openness to continual professional growth via self-reflection, accountability and trustworthiness
- Have well-developed skills in MS Office Suite, Child Development Information Systems (CDIS) and Electronic Data Management Systems.
- Have a current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a registered nurse and a registered midwife and to also hold recognised qualifications in Maternal and Child Health nursing
How to apply
Please provide a resume and brief cover letter addressing the ‘what you need to thrive’ section from the position description to outline how your experience and skills relate to the role. Please indicate in your cover letter your preference regarding full or part time.
For further information on this role please contact Melissa Belli or Natalie Hoy at email@example.com or on 0407 054 626 (Melissa); 0429 184 644 (Natalie)
To view a copy of the position description please visit our Knox City Council Careers Page.
Apply by: 11:45pm 2 April 2023
At Knox, making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by empowering our community inside and out to thrive and prosper through living our values. We support hybrid and flexible working and embrace diverse and inclusive environments. We succeed by recruiting for excellence through investing in our people, encouraging their unique talents and supporting them to bring their whole selves to work.
We believe in our people and provide a supportive, driven and inclusive culture we are proud of, that focuses on wellbeing.
Beyond that, we also offer:
- accrued days off for full time employees;
- growth and learning opportunities;
- career development;
- reward and recognition programs; and,
- a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
Council has developed a vaccination policy which states that the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate evidence of compliance with vaccination requirements.
To view the inherent requirements for this position please see attachment below.
Nurse MCH - Inherent Requirements Table.DOCX
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer ensuring a Child Safe environment that is committed to providing a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Knox City Council acknowledges our offices are located on the traditional lands of the Wurunjeri and Bunurong people of the Kulin Nation.