We have an exciting, fixed term (14 month) opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our team. This position is responsible for leading a team to deliver high quality, efficient and accurate financial accounting and statutory reporting services.
- Assist with End of Financial Year audit processes with the external auditors for multiple entities
- Prepare quarterly BAS statements
- Assist in the maintenance of investments
- Prepare monthly/quarterly general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain lease schedules, calculations and contract analysis
- Prepare Councils investments and cash flow projections
- Lead and develop your team
You will report to the Coordinator Finance Operations and work collaboratively with staff and external stakeholders.
What you will need to thrive
In order to thrive in this position you will have:
- Demonstrated commitment to displaying the organisation’s values with highly developed interpersonal skills
- A sound understanding of Australian Accounting Standards, accounting principles and accounting systems and a sound knowledge of Australian tax legislation, particularly Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) and the Goods and Services Tax (GST) including experience in preparing FBT returns and Business Activity Statements (BAS).
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of annual financial statements as well as preparing and maintaining complex spreadsheets, including the use of intermediate Excel skills.
- Ability to manage several different tasks in a time-constrained environment by planning and organising own work and setting priorities.
- Demonstrated financial accounting experience including general ledger reconciliations and month end journals with excellent analytical and problem solving skills in a complex organisation is essential.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
Remuneration for this role will be Band 6, starting from $87,738.43 plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information on this role please contact Hiring Manager, Navec Lorkin, Navec.Lorkin@knox.vic.gov.au
Review the full position description attached BFT10 Senior Financial Accountant May 2021.pdf
Apply by: 20/06/2021
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.