Social Inclusion Meals Officer
Job no: 494223
Work type: Temporary Full-time
Location: Knox Civic Centre
Categories: Community Development, Home and Community Care, General Administration, Aged & Disability Services
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Inclusion Meals Officer within the Meals on Wheels Team, reporting to the Team Leader, Social Inclusion Programs for 6 months from July to December 2022. As our Social Inclusion Meals Officer, you will make a difference daily by providing administrative support to our Meals on Wheels service, which includes our Clients, Volunteer Drivers and Meals Provider.
This is a Band 5 classified role; remuneration will be $72,922 – $84,842 plus superannuation. This role is based on-site at Council due to service delivery requirements, and is not able to be performed from home.
What you will need to thrive:
- Demonstrated experience as an Administration Officer
- Sound data entry and database management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office Packages such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience using Carelink+ is highly regarded
The Social Inclusion Meals Officer position is required to:
Co-ordinate all administration aspects of the Knox City Council Meals on Wheels Service on a day to day basis, including:
- Preparation of meals reports via Power BI, including daily/weekly meals orders, meals labels & driver delivery run sheets
- Management of the incoming/outbound calls to the Meals on Wheels office phone
- Preparation of volunteer rosters and associated meal delivery runs
- Maintenance of client and volunteer records within our Carelink+ database, and following up on enquires or issues
- Distribution & monitoring of client meals menus
- Liaising with Council’s external meals provider in relation to updates or issues
- Adhering to the Food Safety Plan in regards to quality control of meals and cleanliness of the Food Services room and equipment on a daily basis
- Participate in planning and the development of procedures with regard to all aspects for Knox Food Services and other community care services as required
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
For further information on this role please contact Judy Chalkley on 9298 8302
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page.
To apply, please provide a brief Cover Letter and Resume demonstrating you have what is needed to thrive in this role.
Applications close COB 7 July 2022
The successful candidate (in accordance with CHO directions) will be required to demonstrate evidence of an approved Covid19 vaccination or recognised exemption.
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend