Health Administration/Program Support Officer
About the Opportunity
Are you interested in permanent full-time or job share opportunity as a Health Administration/Program Support Officer, an exciting role that offers you something different every single day? Our Health Services team are an innovative group of professionals that strive to set new standards in Public Health. This rewarding role is on the front line of services offered by Council to the local community with a broad spectrum of responsibilities.
As a Health Administration/Program Support Officer, you will be involved in:
The Health Administration/Program Support Officer will work cohesively as part of the Health Services team (including Council’s immunisation service) to provide efficient and effective administrative support for Council’s Health Services statutory programs.
You will be skilled in the use of IT databases used by Health Services to support statutory inspection functions, maintenance of consumer requests; and delivery of Council’s immunisation services.
- This role will also handle daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders on general health services and immunisation related matters.
- Provide quality customer service to internal and external clients in the suite of services delivered by Knox Health and Immunisation Services.
- Be responsible for ensuring (in collaboration with the Coordinator Health Services) the timely and efficient delivery of the annual registration renewal process of Food, Health and Accommodation premises in accordance with the relevant Acts. This includes the development of the renewal forms as per legislative requirements, development of timelines, generating and overseeing the delivery of renewals, reminders and the issuing of registration certificates.
- Assist in the review of Standard Operating Procedures as well as participate and contribute to reviewing administrative processes while developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide operational support to Council’s Environmental Health Officers as required.
- Assist in all administration functions for Council’s immunisation services to enable the efficient and timely delivery and data base management of Health Services’ immunisation suite; including attendance at immunisation sessions at the Civic Centre and remote locations within Knox. This also requires undertaking administrative functions at an immunisation session independently.
This is a Full Time OR Part Time (Job Share) Band 4 classified role, salary range $66,447 - $70,878 (pro rata) plus superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee.
What you will need to thrive
- Demonstrated commitment to displaying the organisation’s values
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in the use of MS Office and Outlook, other relevant computer software/programs including the Immunisation Program System (ImPS) and electronic database systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to assist customers in a confidential and efficient manner as well as relate to people both internal and external to the organisation.
- Understand and utilize relevant technology, procedures and processes with the Health Services unit.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify and handle competing priorities in a timely manner.
- Experience using the Infor Pathway system would be an advantage. An ability to learn new systems and accurate data entry experience is essential.
- Understanding of the National Immunisation Program would be an advantage.
- Understanding and implementation of administrative systems and procedures is essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to a team philosophy and willingness to participate in continuous improvement of work practices.
- Self-motivated and excellent time management and organisational skills to ensure the timely delivery of multiple outcomes.
At Knox, making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by empowering our community inside and out to thrive and prosper through living our values. We support hybrid and flexible working and embrace diverse and inclusive environments. We succeed by recruiting for excellence through investing in our people, encouraging their unique talents and supporting them to bring their whole selves to work.
We believe in our people and provide a supportive, driven and inclusive culture we are proud of, that focuses on wellbeing.
Beyond that, we also offer:
- accrued days off for full time employees;
- growth and learning opportunities;
- career development;
- reward and recognition programs; and,
- a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
Council is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its workers and the community. Council has developed a vaccination policy which states that the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate evidence of compliance with vaccination requirements.
The Social Connections Team is a vibrant and supportive team. We get things done and allow team members to dream big. If you are looking for a place to make a difference and have the ability to think outside the box this is the team for you.
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer ensuring a Child Safe environment that is committed to providing a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
How to apply
Please provide a resume and brief cover letter addressing the ‘what you need to thrive’ section from the position description to outline how your experience and skills relate to the role. Please indicate your preferred number of working days in your application.
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page.
Apply by: 11.55pm, 08/02/2023