Organisational Development Specialist
- A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced strategic OD Specialist
- Enjoy a flexible and hybrid work environment that will allow you to thrive
- Join a newly formed team to help us build the foundations of OD at Knox
Your new role
As our new Organisational Development (OD) Specialist, you will play a crucial role in helping us build the foundations of Organisational Development at Knox; to instil a culture of continuous learning, growth, and future-oriented thinking and create environments that unlock the potential of our people to lead themselves and others in realising our vision of “Community Inside and Out”.
The ideal candidate will apply a strategic lens and customer focus in the design, implementation, and analysis of new frameworks, initiatives, and programs focussed on refining the employee experience to empower our people to thrive. Reporting to the OD Lead, you will work on a range of multi-faceted OD components including learning and development practices, organisational culture and engagement, talent management, capability development and diversity and inclusion while collaborating with a diverse range of stakeholders.
This rare opportunity will empower you to think innovatively and make this role your own, within a passionate, collaborative and goal-oriented team that will support your journey at Knox.
This is a full-time Band 7 classified role, remuneration will be $104,630 - $117,345 (depending on experience) plus superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee.
What you will need to thrive
The key selection criteria for this role are:
- Substantial experience as a strategic OD practitioner, including the design and delivery of a range of OD initiatives, policies and framework development.
- Strong team-player with demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with others, to constructively challenge others’ thinking to achieve better outcomes, commit to and deliver on shared goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and balance stakeholders along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree or Tertiary qualification in Organisational Psychology, Education, HR, Leadership or Training and Assessment, combined with several years’ relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with extensive experience.
How to apply
Please provide a resume and brief cover letter addressing the ‘what you will need to thrive’ section from the position description to outline how your experience and skills relate to the role.
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Debbie Shaw at Debbie.Shaw@knox.vic.gov.au or on 03 9298 8164
Apply by: 05/06/2023
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications may close before the end date.
At Knox, making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by empowering our community inside and out to thrive and prosper through living our values. We support hybrid and flexible working and embrace diverse and inclusive environments. We succeed by recruiting for excellence through investing in our people, encouraging their unique talents and supporting them to bring their whole selves to work.
We believe in our people and provide a supportive, driven and inclusive culture we are proud of, that focuses on wellbeing.
Beyond that, we also offer:
- accrued days off for full time employees;
- a flexible and hybrid work environment;
- growth and learning opportunities;
- career development;
- reward and recognition programs; and,
- a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
Council has developed a vaccination policy which states that the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate evidence of compliance with vaccination requirements.
To view the inherent requirements for this position please see attachment below.
Office Based role(s) - Inherent Requirements Table .DOCX
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer ensuring a Child Safe environment that is committed to providing a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.