Facilities Renewals Compliance Officer
Job no: 493296
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Categories: Building Services, Engineering, Project Delivery
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Renewals Compliance Officer to join us on a permanent full time basis. The purpose of the role will be to drive and deliver building programmed maintenance and building compliance works for facilities on time and within budget. The role will also be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective maintenance works and minor works projects delivery and surveillance. You will report to the Coordinator Facilities and work amongst a friendly and supportive team. This role is traditionally based at the Civic Centre however working from home will be facilitated and flexible work arrangements will be considered for the right applicant.
What you will need to thrive
In order to be thrive in this position you will have:
- A thorough working knowledge of all physical building services and current maintenance practices.
- Management of a variety of minor Capital works programs for building related assets including development, implementation, budget monitoring and reporting of operational and Capital works minor projects and programs
- Management of building related compliance including OHS (general), Asbestos management, Fall prevention systems management, Essential Safety Measures, DDA and NCC compliance
- Sound minor works project management experience.
- Substantial experience in a relevant building, construction and/or programmed maintenance position.
- The ability to analyse problems and make informed decisions on a day to day basis using reference to Australian standards, Code of practice, guidelines, technical knowledge and experience
- The ability to work with a minimum of supervision and direct teams of trades people and/or maintenance contractors
- Substantial experience with administering building maintenance and minor works contracts including preparation of specifications and tender documents for maintenance contracts, Facilities management services contracts and Capital works contracts
- A proven ability to work within established organization policies and guidelines and to work in a team.
- A desire to keep abreast of industry developments.
- Written communication skills in preparation of reports, correspondence, works documentation.
- A current driver’s licence.
- Personal values and behaviours aligned to those of Knox City Council.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
Remuneration for this role will be $87738.43 - $ 95823.56 plus superannuation.
For further information on this role please contact Brett Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page.
Apply by: 25th July 2021
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend