About the Opportunity
You will lead the development and implementation of initiatives through Council’s Culturally Diverse Communities Portfolio to foster an inclusive and supportive community. You will also be responsible for progressing organisational capability to increase access to information, services and programs for culturally diverse communities.
Key responsibilities include collaborating and providing opportunities for culturally diverse communities to participate in Council programs and projects, project planning, community engagement and developing local partnerships, advocacy initiatives and supporting staff/community education programs. You will report to the Coordinator Healthy and Safe Communities, and work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including Council's Multicultural Advisory Committee, Council Staff, service providers and community groups, Councillors, and peak organisations.
This is a permanent part time role (0.6 FTE/22.8 hours per week) and is based at our Civic Centre however we can offer a range of flexible work options for the right candidate.
This is a Band 6 classified role, remuneration will be $89,229 - $97,452 pro rata (depending on experience) plus 10% superannuation.
What you will need to thrive
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of a broad range of culturally diverse community groups including an understanding of key issues.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships and partnerships with culturally diverse communities and networks.
- Demonstrated understanding of social justice principles as related to community development practice.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a variety of community engagement activities and events with community members, utilising collaborative practice.
- Project management and strategic community planning experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, report writing, computer and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to displaying the organisation’s values.
- Bi-lingual skills an advantage.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
For further information on this role please contact Lisette Pine on 0407 309 371
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page
To apply please provide a resume and brief cover letter demonstrating you have what is needed to thrive in this role.
Apply by: 5pm 22/05/2022
The successful candidate (in accordance with the Pandemic Orders) will be required to demonstrate evidence that they comply with current mandatory vaccination requirements.
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.