- Job no: 493517
- Work type: Temporary Part-time
- Location: Knox Civic Centre
- Categories: Community Development
About the Opportunity
Are you passionate about gender equality? An exciting opportunity exists to join the Community Wellbeing team to lead Council’s work in undertaking Gender Impact Assessments as part of Council’s obligations under the Gender Equality Act (2020). This role will be instrumental in building staff capacity to undertake gender impact assessments, embed processes across Council and provide expertise on gender equality messaging for our community.
We are looking for someone with strong relationship building skills, a deep understanding of gender and intersectional factors and a commitment to bringing people along on the journey.
This role is 0.6 EFT until 30 June 2022 remuneration will start at $98,781.78 (pro-rata) depending on experience plus 10% superannuation and will be based at Knox Civic Centre Knox offers flexible working arrangements.
What you will need to thrive
- Passion and enthusiasm for making a positive difference daily.
- Generosity of spirit.
- Proven ability communicating gender equality and equity principles.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully communicating complex or new concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience in engaging and managing consultants in a training environment.
- Highly developed stakeholder management and community engagement skills and experience in managing effective partnerships.
- Understanding of the requirements of the Gender Equality Act (2020).
- Demonstrated capacity to work responsively at a high level in a complex, sometimes fast-paced environment, with competing priorities.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
For further information on this role please contact Kylie Osborne on 9298 8530.
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page
To apply please provide a resume and brief cover letter demonstrating you have what is needed to thrive in this role.
Apply by: 01/08/2021
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity, inclusion and child safety.
We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.