Job no: 493781
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Knox Civic Centre
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a skilled Management Accountant to join our exciting and collaborative Management and Financial Accounting Team at Knox City Council.
Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, our new Management Accountant will make a difference daily by assisting in delivering a high quality, efficient and effective range of management accounting services within Knox.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing support in the monthly management reporting process
- Assisting in the management of Council’s annual budget and forecasts together with the long term financial forecast
- Assisting in maintaining and reconciling Council’s fixed asset register
- Assisting with year-end variance reporting.
This is a full time permanent role based at our Civic Centre however we can offer a range of flexible work options for the right candidate.
Remuneration will be $71,622 - $83,424 pa (depending on experience) plus 10% superannuation.
What you will need to thrive
In order to thrive in this position you will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting procedures, practices and relevant Australian Accounting standards
- Understanding in all aspects of asset management specifically asset capitalisation, depreciation, disposal and revaluation.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting processes including long term financial forecasts as well as the preparation of financial reports and respective variance commentary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with internal staff and external shareholders.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
For further information on this role please contact James Morris on 9298 8149
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page
To apply please provide a resume and brief cover letter demonstrating you have what is needed to thrive in this role.
Apply by: 11.55pm, Monday 6th December
The successful candidate (in accordance with CHO directions) will be required to demonstrate evidence of an approved Covid19 vaccination or recognised exemption.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend