About the Opportunity
Knox City Council is currently recruiting for the Head of IT Project Management Office, to backfill a 6-month period of leave.
This role is the face of the IT project portfolio to our internal and external stakeholders. The role will focus on establishing strong stakeholder management, to triage and manage incoming IT project requests, facilitate an understanding of high-level objectives, and hand off to the Project Delivery team for initiation and delivery.
The main priority for the role during this period of cover is to work with the Chief Information Officer to oversee the completion of the ICT Enterprise Strategy, the development of the roadmap and the initiation of key priorities. Projects will need to be sequenced alongside the other business enablement activities outlined in the Council Plan, Customer Experience and Digital Experience Roadmaps. Consideration will need to be made to the PMO capability, capacity and optimal methodology required to deliver the projects.
Three Team Leads directly report into the role, with 14 project management specialists in the broader delivery team – including Project Office roles, Project Managers and Business Analysts. We are a team of passionate project delivery professionals who care about delivering technical solutions for a wide range of business opportunities and we would love you to join us. You will be part of a great team culture where we support each other to succeed. We know how to work hard and have fun, such as the Friday afternoon quizzes. We provide development support on the job, training opportunities in line with your development plan and opportunities to network and develop through the Local Govt Association.
Knox City Council Civic Centre is located in Wantirna South, however we do offer flexible working options for the right candidates.
This is a part time (4 days per week) or full time depending on the right candidate.
What you will need to thrive
- Demonstrated ability to engage key stakeholders and drive outcomes within the IT portfolio.
- Strong decision-making ability and advanced skills in influencing, financial acumen and negotiation.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication is essential together with excellent presentation skills.
- Proven track record of program and risk management and demonstrated mastery of project management techniques and development of delivery strategies.
- Demonstrates skill in managing analysis and hypothesis-driven problem-solving.
- Demonstrated experience to lead engagement teams for long-term projects including developing follow-on business planning.
- A demonstrated capacity to focus on results and benefits, while holding high expectations for self and others until the desired objective is achieved.
- Demonstrated ability in driving customer-focused excellence by working in collaboration with clients and taking responsibility to meet clients’ needs.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills with a successful track record of developing staff capability.
Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox. We are inspired by empowering our diverse community inside and out to thrive and prosper through our values: ‘Make a difference daily’, ‘Inspire and Facilitate success’, ‘Think big act bold, and ‘Do what is right not what is easy’. Our vision and values make us a forward thinking, adaptive and collaborative organisation constantly evolving to match the needs of the community.
Our benefits include a flexible workplace including accrued days off, opportunities for learning and development, a focus on wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program, wellbeing initiatives and reward and recognition programs. For further information on this role please contact Shona Richards on 8877 0213 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Review the full position description now via our Knox City Council Careers Page
To apply please provide a resume and brief cover letter demonstrating you have what is needed to thrive in this role.
Apply by: 1 February 2023
The successful candidate (in accordance with CHO directions) will be required to demonstrate evidence of an approved Covid19 vaccination or recognized exemption.
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.