Community Health and Wellbeing Officer
Job no: 494607
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Knox Civic Centre
Categories: Community Development
Your new role
Come and join a friendly team passionate about health equity and delivering positive outcomes. We have a fantastic opportunity available combining health planning, research and project delivery, working to improve health promoting environments and increased livability across the Knox community. Key responsibilities include project management, evidence-based planning, delivery and evaluation of health and wellbeing initiatives.
This is a full-time permanent hybrid role based at Knox Civic Center with flexible work options for the right candidate.
This is a Band 6 classified role; remuneration will be $89,229 - $97,452 (depending on experience) plus superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee.
What you will need to thrive
- Experience in project management support including planning, research and analysis, leading working/control groups, report writing, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and application of cross-organisational integrated and strategic approaches to health planning.
- Understanding and application of research to ensure an evidence-based and data-driven approach to improve the livability and resilience for the community in Knox.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly including the ability to understand and adapt to the audience to gain support and commitment by others.
- Capacity to work responsively in a complex, sometimes fast-paced environment, with competing priorities.
How to apply
Please provide a resume and brief cover letter addressing the ‘what you need to thrive’ section from the position description to outline how your experience and skills relate to the role.
For further information on this role please contact Kathryn Renwick at email@example.com or on 0437 093 901.
To view a copy of the position description please visit our Knox City Council Careers Page.
Apply by: 06/02/2023
At Knox, making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by empowering our community inside and out to thrive and prosper through living our values. We support hybrid and flexible working and embrace diverse and inclusive environments. We succeed by recruiting for excellence through investing in our people, encouraging their unique talents and supporting them to bring their whole selves to work.
We believe in our people and provide a supportive, driven and inclusive culture we are proud of, that focuses on wellbeing.
Beyond that, we also offer:
- accrued days off for full time employees;
- growth and learning opportunities;
- career development;
- reward and recognition programs; and,
- a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
Council has developed a vaccination policy which states that the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate evidence of compliance with vaccination requirements.
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer ensuring a Child Safe environment that is committed to providing a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend